According to the March 16, 2015 market and data trend report prepared by The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association, there are more than 9 million households that own an RV!
According to the March 16, 2015 market and data trend report prepared by The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association, there are more than 9 million households that own an RV, which is a record high and a 16% increase from 2001 (and a staggering 64% increase since 1980)!
So, why the increase in RV/trailer/5th Wheel demand?
* RVing and Camping support a healthy and balanced life and lifestyle. This includes being active, experiencing nature and good old fashioned quality time with family and friends. According to RVIA, RVers said they report better bonds with their children and family members.
* Rvers can take more frequent, shorter trips throughout the year that are closer to home. Rather than taking one large block of time for one family vacation a year. With busy family schedules, RV owners are able to do more weekend getaways and be involved in recreation close to home.
* RVs can be used for a multitude of purposes including: tailgating, traveling with a big family, the ability to take pets along on trips, being involved in team events that travel or for business purposes.
* RV traveling is much more cost effective than flying, cruises etc. A 2014 Vacation Cost Comparison done by PFK Consulting USA, proved that a family of four can save 27-62% on vacation costs by traveling in an RV. From food savings (not eating out), to hotel savings (you can dry camp or RV parks typically only cost $30-$45 on average) and no luggage fees or rental cars, this really adds up (even when you factor in cost of ownership and gas)!
* IRS tax deductions for owning an RV
With all of these benefits, why wouldn’t you want to experience the happiness and freedom that come with owning a recreation vehicle?
To read the whole article and market trend release from RVIA click here: http://www.rvia.org/?ESID=indicators
The Totally Trailer Trio is happy to be part of this “movement” to get out and explore more!